This post has 18 notes Posted 1 year ago Reblogged from genuinejas Originally posted by facebook.com
I have a problem with this verse. In our society, we NEED money. There has always been some form of currency. Before we had dollars and coins, people traded other valuables such as gold and silver, and bartering was something many people did when they wanted something someone else had.
I don’t hate money. I like money. It allows me to do different things, that without it, I normally couldn’t do. It also allows me (and everyone that exists) to survive. After all, without money, there wouldn’t be no food.
With that said, it’s entirely possible to love God and still enjoy money. It’s only when you place money ABOVE God that you create problems for yourself. It’s when you become stingy with every dime you have. It’s when you waste your life working and saving every penny, not because you NEED it, but because you LOVE IT SO MUCH.
So yes. I do love money. I love making it. I love spending it. We should all love money. Just don’t love it more than you love God.
- urlsarehardtocomeby reblogged this from nephylove
- nephylove reblogged this from genuinejas
- creation-of-love likes this
- j3-16 likes this
- mr-gonzales likes this
- crimsonbreakdown likes this
- youelectrifymylifex likes this
- merpawkwardfangirl reblogged this from fearless-and-bold-for-christ
- talkischeap12 likes this
- genuinejas likes this
- timeout-chapel reblogged this from bestboyfriendpatrol and added:
- bestboyfriendpatrol reblogged this from fearless-and-bold-for-christ and added:
- bestboyfriendpatrol likes this
- fearless-and-bold-for-christ posted this